Thursday 28 July 2011

Venice, Part IV : More exhibitions

'The Cloud of Unknowing' is a video installation by Ho Tzu Nyen, an artist representing Singapore in the Biennale. 

I walked into the room with trepidation, really not knowing what to expect. There were these enormous bean bags scattered all over the place and a projector screen which reminded me of being in a classroom. Turns out we had to lie on these huge bean bags to watch the installation. So comfy. If they weren't so big and conspicuous, I would have happily picked one of these babies up and taken it home with me. Ha.
If you want to read more about this incredible piece of work, you can go here

We also went to the Peggy Guggenheim Museum. Old Peggy was a very wealthy women indeed. All the pieces in the museum were part of her personal art collection. Jealous, much? Yes! I want an extensive art collection that consists of numerous masterpieces too! I got to see some Picasso, (more) Dali, Ernst, Modigliani, Pollock and so many more that I would bore you by listing them. 
This is my favourite piece at the Peggy Guggenheim Museum- "Alchemy" by Jackson Pollock. No picture can do this painting justice.  When I had done my rounds of the museum, I found myself going back to it and just staring at its splendor for a little bit longer. Wow. 

And that is the end of Venice. Next up- Florence! But first, lectures for the day. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment