For our picnic at Park Acoustics last weekend, I made my famous chocolate brownies. Warning: these babies are rich and may lead to a chocolate overdose with just one bite. I suggest you try them anyway though.
Here's the recipe:
250g dark chocolate, chopped
275g caster sugar
75g plain flour
50g self-raising flour
50g cocoa, plus extra for dusting
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup raw hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 30cm x 20cm slice tray and line with baking paper.
2. Melt the chocolate, butter and sugar together in the microwave or in a double boiler. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Sift the flours and cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the egg to the chocolate mixture, then pour into the flour mixture and stir to combine well. Stir in the hazelnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into fingers.
5. Dust with cocoa to serve.