Wednesday 28 September 2011

Joburg Art Fair 2011

There were so many amazing things going on in P-Town and Jozi this weekend (STR CRD, SA Fashion Week, last Hotbox party, Vredefest). It was also the weekend that I had to work on a big assignment for International Relations. Naturally, I felt quite sorry for myself. After staring at my computer screen for three days, I decided to go to Joburg Art Fair. My sanity could just not take it anymore. My incredibly talented cousin, Alexandra Makhlouf, was also showing some her work (I plan on doing a proper post on her work soon, so watch this space) so we decided to go show some support.

I'm no  photographer so I really struggled to take decent photos without the light reflection getting in the way. Here are just some of my favourite pieces. There were so many, trust me.

By Pieter Hugo

Unraveled by Leghlogonolo Mashaba

Montevideo on My Mind by Diana Hyslop
From Generation to Generation by Motsamai Thabane

No comments:

Post a Comment