Thursday 16 May 2013

Introducing: The Mamelodi Voice

For those of you who don't know, I'm currently doing my Honours in Journalism. Every year the programme brings out The Mamelodi Voice, a newspaper for the community of Mamelodi, which is a township near Pretoria. This is the third edition that I am working on (previous as a copy editor and a layout artist) and this year I am super excited to be at the helm as editor. The 2013 edition will be printed in July, so I've decided to keep you updated on this here blog about the progress we make as we put the paper together.

Here are some photos when I was in Mamelodi on Tuesday.

Entering Alaska, one of the poorer areas in Mamelodi East.

Alaska.

Beautifully painted shacks outside Viva Village in Mamelodi.

Hair salon. There are lots of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment